Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 10

Alright, I am just sniffly now, but I am tired of this.

really tired of this sickness bullshit.

But oh well.

I went to an executive board meeting for my union as a guest. I have decided I would rather not ever serve on that board. the Meetings are 5 hours long... eek. I only had to be there for 2 hours or a little less, until the 1st parking meter break. And the reports I had heard from a friend last month were correct, just like a general meeting. Some of the contract information was interesting, and hearing about something being investigated and a rule being changed were good gossip fodder I am not allowed to spread. But mostly a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

There was some confusion about a class I am supposed to take, I got an email, oh, weeks ago about a class on the 26th, but with no day attached, so, I wrote it down on the 26th (Thursday) but I will admit I wonder a tiny bit, as there is a convention around that time, and the teacher for that class is the sort to take all of those calls unless he absolutely can't, but I figured he might know the schedule more that me. In the end though, he meant it to mean today at 2pm, I wasn't sure I could make it, on account of the E-board meeting, and I am guessing a great many people also thought it was this Thursday, since it has now been rescheduled for next Monday. This is very good news, since the class is at the theater I will be working at that day, so, I think I might get double hours, and get paid.

To explain the double hours thing, well, our union organizes seniority by your qualification date (date you finished your 1st 100 hours) and how many hours you work in the last year. Broken up by lists, its complicated so I wont go into that part. But hours spent in apprentice classes count toward work hours, since they don't want you to be too penalized for taking a class instead of work. And work hours count as work hours because... well you get the picture. Since the class is at the Intiman, taught by a co-worker, and I have to be there from 8am to 5pm, plus I have to put in a 40 hour week next week, and I am not going to come in on the weekend to make up for the class. What I would be doing at work is essentially the same as the class (lighting maintenance). I am sure you understand.

I have somethings I want to get done today, so, off I go...

No comments: