Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A week without internet!

My internet at home is broken, I don't know why, its sort of a mystery!

I can check my union email, which is set up through outlook, so, it can connect, maybe not enough to make a website come up though?

The ISP guy thinks it might be my cable, my usb cable.... I wonder how to check that without buying a new one?

My Plan, is to build a new desktop, and get a good cheap laptop, but not until after the tech week check for my first show this season.... I don't make a million dollars, I would be very sad to have to buy computer things before I upgrade the computer... especially something as silly as a modem to computer USB, when my next computer will have an ethernet connection or something else. Boo

Anyway, I was apprehensive about this job a little, but... it seems all I needed to make this feel like the best decision ever is for them to give me keys.

I say again WooHoo keys.. I also get to do the things I think are important, well I do have to work and all but, I am my own boss to some degree, so, I can finish mopping the back hallway... tomorrow, I say mopping, but really, I am scrubbing the corners and fighting the glued down with water dust layer almost everywhere... no one expects a theatre to be spotless... but an effort can be made.

So, speaking of my new job... I am checking my email, and updating this blog from my work account. I also have a work email too... but I haven't figured out how to get on it... I guess I get to see the IT guy tomorrow.... after the meeting and before the mopping?

No comments: