Sunday, February 8, 2009

Baby Surprise Jacket

I couldn't find my camera this morning, so, no picture of the finished BSJ in blue.
At least until, I get a picture from Sabine.
I didn't sew up the seams at the top of the arms, and I now recommend giving this particular gift without sewing it up, it caused a lot of excitement as folks tried to make sense of it. For those that don't know, the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket is knit flat, but with decreases and increases so it literally folds up into a cardigan. But unfolded it resembles a flattened out corset.

It was a study in my ability to procrastinate, that jacket, I finished the last row at 4am, and wove in the ends and cast off on the bus on the way to Bellevue. Sabine also got some socks in both pink and blue, (the baby's sex in unknown) and a Winnie the pooh hat and mitten set, which is really for a one year old.

No comments: