Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another day

I have a list of things to do, but I would rather blog about it than do it.

I had an apprentice class last night, first one in a few months, and it was Excellent. The topic was Fall Restraint, and we talked about harnesses, and fall protection plans, and all sorts of stuff. Plus there were snacks.

I tend to be timid about things I don't fully understand, and while I can't say I am afraid of heights per se, its that I have had very little exposure to having to work for long times at unprotected heights, and there have always been other people more experienced to do it. So, I don't get more experienced. I get paralysed by not fear of the actual situation, but that I won't know what to do when I am up there and I will let someone down. So, it isn't the heights necessarily, its what I am supposed to do while I am up there, so consequently I haven't got a lot of experience and that makes me more nervous.

So have a class about the elements that keep you from falling out of the sky while working, handy since it demystifies some things, and might encourage me to try to do the other things that cause you to be up in the air in the first place.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. I'm still a chicken!

My job interview got moved to today, at 4:30, so, stay tuned. Before then I need to twist a few arms, to get one more volunteer for Friday... It would be easier if it could just be me, but its a growth thing, I guess to make me learn to talk people into volunteering for me?

I have some chores to do at home today as well, we a drowning in recycling, no excuse really except, we use a bunch of shit!!! I think the recycling and or waste is the number one reason to quit getting the newspaper everyday, except I do like getting it, but maybe it could evaporate or something after 24 hours? I should invent that.

I also have to look into the no room in the fridge situation, I have gone insane recently and we have no more room in the fridge, I don't understand what catastrophy I am stocking up for, but I must reorganize in there, its a little unfair to the roommate who has no place to keep his food.

Well, I guess, I have wasted enough time, I really need to get my crap together, and reorganise that fridge.

No comments: