Saturday, January 25, 2014

Been almost two weeks

So, its been a busy few weeks in Bunny land,

I am trying not to freak out, or more importantly, get irrationally angry, but, its no ones fault they all have to bother me at the same time

oh, that boy, well its not going to work out.

um, I saw a Play this last Tuesday, and called A Great Wilderness, and now that I think about playwriting all the time, I think about plays in a different way.  It seems pretentious, but there it is. I have always thought about plays in a different way from most theatre patrons, because I know how they are put together, and I know about beats, and acting moments, character arcs and, I know about intention. Theatre people believe our art can change the world, create great movements, etc. But... sometimes what we do is create work that allows the average liberal theatre goer to congratulate their goodness, and I think sometimes we forget who our actual audience is, and create work that... preaches to the choir. I am not sure what the intention of A Great Wilderness was, but I thought it was to make me question the morality of gay conversion camps. But... I've heard it was to make me feel compassion for the elderly gay conversion leader because his gay son killed himself and thats why they created the gentle conversion wilderness retreat.  I think it could have been improved if the two male leads had kissed at one point, because there was some tension, but I think its because I have worked with both male leads, and I would have found it an interesting twist.

Unfortunately for A Great Wilderness, I spent too much time thinking about if I could write a play about the 9 days I was in California for my poor sick daddy (hi Daddy!) and how I got to know my half sisters really for the first time in my life, which was awesome.

The other thing(s) going on this week is the move, and this job I am doing, and great mobilize daddy event.  It all began  Wednesday, the 15th? when knowing this big event was happening at the end of January, which pays very well, and I wanted to do it, I emailed Tonya (future landlord) to see what her timeline was,  I had several options, besides the big thing, and I was willing to be flexible to be able to move out of this damn place, but the answering email was evasive, so, when a show run at the big corporate event was available, I took it. Then I thought... maybe I was asking the wrong question, and I asked, when is the truck coming, and it turns out, she was going to make it out giving us a week (ish) to move in, Sort of.  I had a brief hallucination, that I could move at night while working 12 hour days, but I can't, I might be able to pack a little... Then once Cole and I talked, and Pat talked to our apartment manager, we decided to make an announcement on facebook saying we were moving the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Tonya then got a little miffy, because she had been busting her ass, to get out, so, I sort of understand, but seriously... every freaking step of this process has been pulling teeth, I was afraid this would happen, and I had always thought I would walk away if it got too complicated, but it was too late the second I said it was a good idea to Tonya and to Cole. Because it seemed the easiest.  Now she is bent out of shape because I can't drop everything to go get the lease notarized with her, what part of 8am to 8pm did she not understand, it only just came up today, when we have been trying to figure out a key handover for days, and whether Pat can come paint.  He can't. All this started the second I started working one of my jobs this week (Seattle Rep, Thursday) and on Friday, my Dad got released from the hospital, and a flurry of phone calls, and updates, and all that, and my dad was safely ensconced in his home, and I have done as much as I can. Of Course mid phone calls, my phone took a crap, So I had to make an emergency trip to the ATT store, where the super nice man fixed my phone, he also set me up with my union discount, 18% (but not on everything) and I could give the sisters the all clear on operation mobilized Dad. Today (Saturday) was mostly quiet, work was fun (big corporate event) two of my crew, awesome, one on my crew, annoying.  I was going to try and get over to Tonya's but Cole is working 8am to midnight, at a different location of the big corporate event. so, it was a no go, and after I told Tonya, thats when I found out about the notary business, but I just looked up mobile notaries, and they are like a thing.  Tomorrow, is another long, but easy day... I wonder how else my day could explode.

No comments: