Wednesday, January 1, 2014

a week and a day

its been a week and a day, since Dawn called me and told me Dad was very sick.

A quick revue of finances, and a consult about airfare, and I got a ticket, and came down.

As soon as I got here? Dad started to improve, and its been remarkable, to see how much improvement he makes from one day to the next.
But still I freak out and get control issues... I want to magically solve all of the problems, and disregard everyone's opinions, but instead its becoming a lesson in just being.

I did use the California vacation for a little bit of other visiting, not as much as I had hoped I think, but... I made it to the Gromek party, it was nice. (a drunk guy hit on me, I feel bad, he seemed nice) played Cards Against humanity. funny! I saw Ed Rede coming in, and Paul Skelton on the way back from the party.  I am so blessed, with such people in my life.  I sometimes, just dont see what they see in me. On this trip, I also got to connect with my sisters, well, so far only ShIelley, but Colleen comes in tonight. I'm not certain I have ever talked to Colleen for more than an hour in my life.  So, im a bit nervous about it.  But anyway, I also spent a little time with my aunt Darlene, who said I was easy to love. How sweet is that?

But, I need to get some work done, thats why I pulled out the computer.

So later.

No comments: