Monday, October 7, 2013

4 months since my last confession.

I don't know how I think I can write fiction, if I can't update my blog.

Anyway, I ran spotlight this summer for Stu for Silverton, worked a little, thought about moving, took my older cats to the vet, and generally did not update my blog. 

My friend Christina decided to get a space from Spaceoworks in Tacoma, to make into a theatre, I've decided to write some plays, because, seriously, how hard can it be?

I am moving from the shitty apartment, in December, the current estimate, but this might change, don't worry my friends, I am more put out by the delay than you. But it will happen! 

My older cats are both 13 this year, and while generally healthy, they are getting older, this makes me sad. I didn't take them to the vet for that reason though but because I am going to be moving in with some dogs, and they will have more exposure to the various cat viruses, an I felt a booster wouldn't be the worst idea. Now one cat has to have special kidney diet, and the other gets a supplement for the cat Herpes. Which means they all get these things. Yay! 

I am fixing to write, in a writing team, a late night sci-fi show, which will be strongly feminist, but in a different way, I'm just flopping the male to female character ratios, and making all the characters in positions of leadership be female. At one point, if there comes a time that I have more than one male character in an episode, I might have them just talk about just women. As a response to the movie scale out there about female characters in movies, who never talk to other women about anything other than men, and sex.... I can't remember I what it's called exactly. I also want to make "don't be such a boy" be the same insult as "don't be such a girl" ( I often look back on my ER trip when I tore my ACL, and because I was no longer crying, and was cowboying up, they thought it was just a sprain, you know because girls are crybabies) Anyway. 
I also might want to try and write a play by myself, because a title some of us came up with, tickles me. Ambiguity and the Oxford Comma, as sort of a drawing room farce, or maybe something Pinteresque? I'll have to read more plays.

Randomly,
I make excellent French onion soup now, and I am super Excited for Thanksgivunakkah, the first day of Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving, for the first time ever! So, latkes in turkey gravy, amount other things. I may have described myself as an Atheiest Buddhist who celebrate Jewish holidays and Christmas. Or maybe it was in my head. 

As always, I vow to be better about posting.

No comments: