Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions 2013

So I made about 15 resolutions for the coming year, mostly the theme was being more productive creatively and getting into shape. And learning stuff, but mostly creative stuff.

I'm in the bath (I love my ipad) while I write this so, I'll get to the resolutions in a minute.

So far the new year has not been too shabby, I'm a little bit down, it's a post New Years birthday thing, once every other year or so, I get moody about the bday, it's so silly and petty I hesitate to mention, except, well, uh, I've already started. It's my birthday being at the end of the holiday cycle, no one really wants to hang out or do anything big. Sometimes if I already have an idea, and it's what I really want to do, I just plan it and if people want to join me great. But if the plans fall through (spa is closed on Sundays) and the king tut exhibit is sold out, and the two people I'm sure can come out with me are either not drinking right now, or don't drink at all, so, no use inviting them to have delicious cocktails. Sigh. I was just going to give up, but I think I'm going to a movie, the Hobbit. With a few friends, there might be lunch before hand, I'm making Christina organize the movie thing. I need to buy myself a new laundry basket. To be honest, I might just have a drink by myself. Meh.

But you know I'm just a bit over it, I want to clean up the Christmas tree, and pack up the merriment, and get on with the year and my resolutions. But I will also eat cake.

The resolutions
1. Keep up the blog. (Good news for you)
2. Create one piece of art a month, not knitting though, that's separate.
3. Knit everyday. I have a sub-resolution of 26 pairs of baby socks, then I'll have a stock for a while.
4. Lose 60 pounds.
5. Workout everyday. There's a breakdown of what when, but I'm tired.
6. Keep my room organized
7. Story idea everyday
8. Learn how to write a novel.
9. Read a book a week, the economist doesn't count, even though its like a book. And I mostly read it every week.
10. Watch a movie a week, this might be negotiable, but I certainly need to make use of my seattle film festival membership, $5 movies are the way to do it.
11. Keep the apartment clean, this is either by nagging, or doing it myself. This will get easier as I do some deep cleaning, there is a timetable, but this is fluid.
12. Write two knitting patterns, I have the one idea, and I just need to chart it, then learn how to put it on a computer PDF or transmitable format. It will be great.
13. Take my vitamins!
14. Eat at least one vegetable a day, I'm usually good, but it goes down hill super quickly when it gets busy and I need to keep and eye on it.
15. Dance to at least one song a day. I have decided that even though its a bit of a cheat dancing while seated on the bed sort of counts because the cats look very alarmed, and that is soooo worth it. Cat judgement is hilarious.

So my daily check list is
Yoga
Abs
Vitamins
Study
Blog (this one, or the craft one, or the weightless one)
Diary
Veggie
Read
Knit
Dance
Idea







No comments: