Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas et al.

So, my Christmas was very nice, stockings and a gift certificate for amazon, which I have already spent.

Exchanged emails with the step father, and it was a misunderstanding, he is tired and under stress, I feel for him.

I've been totally dragging my feet on cleaning/reorganizing my room, how much procrastinating can a girl do? A lot.

I am on a "break from doing it right now.

It has to be done by Monday, since Christina is coming over to help me clean some walls and paint one wall, lavender.

I read The Name Of The Wind, and Wise Man's Fear, oh which there was a recent big fuss, and I have a few things to say, one, the world is pretty great, and the first book is very interesting. The second book was more of the same, and at a 1000 pages it was a bit tedious. You learned nothing new about the main character, but his bad traits become more glaring. This character lies all the time, I'm not sure he has told the truth to another character more than three time total, although now that I think about it, maybe only once. Now, I'm going to read the third novel, when it comes out, if it is the final novel, if it miraculously becomes a quartet, I will read the spoilers on good reads and wait for the final novel. That being said, when the novel that I thought would never be over was over, I missed it. And I've been thinking about that.

I have thought about writing, and bad novels make me want to write more and good novels, like I'm am inspired by bad-ish art. And I have run into this sort of problem before in a novel I liked, but then didn't like or got bored with the sequels. These are writers who sit down and let the words flow, with out a specific destination, or they know where they are going, but nothing in between and they are enamored of their world. It's a problem I have when I think of a character and a world, I just want to let the character wander around in that world, but now I see I'm going to have to work on a path, since I don't want to be like those authors.

Well that's about it.

Happy new year

No comments: