Monday, January 28, 2013

Whoops

Long time no blogging. Sorry.
Lately I have worked a little. Knitted a little played a few games. It's been two weeks or so since my last post.

Anyway lets start with work, been working a bit, did the load in for Book of Mormon, loaded in Whim W'Him at the playhouse (formerly the Intiman) as an official employee of Cornish. Not sure what will happen there, but I'm torn between caring and not wanting to give a crap. That's a diatribe for another day. The nicest thing about Cornish playhouse is they gave us a 15% raise from the Intiman rate. So that was nice. I did a tiny corporate gig with Hollywood lighting which they poorly managed, it was going well, so they cut back too early. And they cut the load out from twelve grips to 4. I took that cut and walked away, since it was going to go from a bit boring to irritatingly hard and everyone frustrated. Plus I wanted to see a movie that night. Then I did the Book of Mormon load out and another load out at the paramount, a focus at Seattle rep and a load out of the opera. So, not too slow for January.

I've noticed something lately between the big venue jobs (5th ave, opera, paramount, ballet) in contrast to the smaller venue jobs (Intiman, rep) the small venue jobs will fill all your time with busy work if they have time to fill, like letting you be idle costs the theatre money, even if you are ahead, and have been cut early, you still have to work all the way to the end of the hour, even if there is no real work to do. An extreme example of this is once I went in to the key arena (big venue that thinks its small, to be fair it's run by the city) at 4am to build the stage for an incoming rock show (the venue owns a stage if touring shows do not have their own, typically it will be built before the tour folks walk in the door. So, we are done even with the busy work after 3 hours, but since we had a 4 hour minimum we had to sit there until 8am.
My point it's irritating. With the big venues you have enough people to do the job, and when you are done you go home. It's one of the reasons to do the ring over the Intiman this summer, it's only $3 more per hour. But.

Anyway, I'm bored with this talk now. Dude on my couch days he is leaving the first of the month! So exciting. I haven't painted any walls yet, but there are plans. I have hung with the friends, and it was good. My friend Erika had her fibroidectomy/ hysterectomy and is seriously on the mend. Tori should read this and think of when we can hang out. And I'm starting an elimination diet with the roommate. This is to confirm that it's wheat/gluten that's bother some. Might be something else, Christina did it, and she seems to be allergic to eggs, and a little bit dairy. I had a reaction to some chicken soup I made, which didn't have anything I thought was a problem, so now I have to include the nightshades vegetables. Boo.

That's your update.
Here is your obligatory promise to do better. Followed by whatever pictures I like.







No comments: