Monday, May 4, 2009

My life so far

so, while lying in the bath after work tonight, I thought about the few people who might read this, and thought, they might be more interested in what is going on in my life rather than my opinionated rantings about god and suffering.

Some of it I was reluctant to write about because it might cause alarm.

Well, lets get the alarming stuff out of the way first. About a month ago during a little quiet time with myself, I noticed a lump in my breast. It was a surprise, and in my mind large, well over a centimeter, so, I deliberated a while - called Sabine, my go to girlfriend for all things medical, and she said that if it is tender, its nothing really to worry about. I figured it was probably a cyst and I wouldn't worry about it until after my next period. Hormones effect these things, and I would continue to monitor the situation.

But then I started to feel sick, so, I made an appointment, and went to the doctor. In the end, I had a cold, not even Swine Flu, although honestly the swine flu thing never really occurred to me. But the lump was actually a lump, and now I have a mammogram scheduled for Tuesday.

Now I am 95% confidant that everything is fine, I know that the phrase Non-tender lump is very bad, and mine is tender - my dyslexia is making tender seem like a very odd word right now - but 5% of me, the hypochondriac me, is wondering, is it tender enough... it doesn't like to be poked, but it isnt painful or anything, just ever so slightly annoyed by the poking... I'll be more worried if Tuesday is inconclusive.

So, I am getting over a cold, which is annoying, its all in my nose, which is stuffed up and yucky, plus I am a little tired. Everyone in my last show had it, but of course now is not a good time for it.

Crime and punishment closed this afternoon, and we struck most of the show this evening, I like the new TD more and more, he really didn't interact with the overhire crew but talked to Jeanette, which really was the way to do it, since he is her boss, in a way, she was the crews boss, and it went very smoothly. I am very hopeful that set wise all will go smoothly this week. and in the end the set will work... not that I don't love Wiley, but he doesn't know, and he has bad habits. Enough of that...

This week coming up, is going to be a little bit busy.... tomorrow I have an apprentice class on hanging and focusing lights, for two hours, followed by hanging lights at work for 8 hours, good times... I will get off work at midnight, and I have to be at the doctors office at 830am for a 9am appointment which will take an hour, so I will go to work at 11am and work till 8pm, while the rest will work from 10 to 7, but I can use the last hour to play with the new batteries we are getting for the wireless headsets. I am nominally in charge of the recharging of the batteries for the headsets, and about 4 years ago, they bought some really good batteries, so long ago, that when they started to die, we thought the headsets were going. They still might, but we don't think so. So, since the headsets work fine, if all 6 batteries are good... having 32 new rechargeable batteries and two super kick ass rechargers we should be good... but these rechargers do all sorts of tricks. So I am eager to play with them.

What else... well the sensitive tummy cat, well, we had an episode, which might be one thing (store bought baked chicken) or the other thing (new cat food formula) or both together... but the cat acidopholus seems to have done the trick, but it means she may never get people food again. I know I am not supposed to, but she like white meat chicken and turkey, alot, its adorable. So, I think I might try to find a good treat for her, since she doesn't tolerate wet food well either. I feel so bad for her, because her head and mouth love it all, but not her tummy.

Oh, I am not sure about what the rest of my week is like, except I am going to see Carrie Fisher's show Wishful Drinking on Wednesday night. I might work Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sunday, with almost a real weekend off, but it will depend on what they need. I will have next monday off, then I start technical rehearsals for A Thousand Clowns. Well, since they haven't invented a chip you can insert into your brain to make you learn the show, I guess you have to spend the time to figure it out, and the overtime is nice... but... I will only have the apartment to myself for a little bit more time.

a well.
oh I changed the settings, I am not sure who reads this other than my dad, but I think everyone can leave comments.

sorry I am not more thrilling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG--BUNNY, I just read this and it's Tuesday, so I totally want an update from you pronto on how the mammography went, and when you'll have results and all that!!!