Thursday, January 29, 2009

procrastination

Funny,
it seems like the day after I say I want to update this damn thing everyday, life gets in the way... damn it.
I do have things to say as always, but I do want to get the thoughts straight in my head first.
So a tiny little update will have to do.

Job update! I have an interview at the Intiman, on Tuesday. Dave (Master Electrician) says Julia (Production Manager) said, the job is mine, its just a formality, and she just wants to talk about the Job, so, that's good. The only issue I have with it, is I think the job title should be different. Master should be in there somewhere, if I am getting and doing a master's job, they just created it, so they are just working on the semantics, I know the union contract states I get the same rate as all the other "masters" (Stage Carpenter, Electrician, Sound Engineer) . I have to think of my resume later on, ya know.

Sunday, I worked at the Key Arena, the load in and out of Lil Wayne, woo hoo. It wasn't too bad, the road guys were super nice in my department, they said it was because they were almost done. At some time I have to find their myspace page... something about tiny hand on tour... it was silly. The guy I worked with all day, Mike looked like my friend Tori's boyfriend Igor, only taller, cooler, and more fit. I hope their silly tour page will have a picture so I can show her. It might have been the beard and the glasses though.

Monday, there was a big union party. We have senority numbers in our union, and most jobs are dispatched based on senority, I am about #250, or something like that. Its not as dire as that number sounds, since most people have regular union jobs, like I am trying to get, and can't take every big call here and there, I am high enough that I work enough, as long as there are jobs, but lets not go there, shall we. Anyway, our number One, turned 90 this year, and his wife had said at 90 he had to retire, so, it was suggested we through him a surprise birthday-retiring party. He got wind of it, and said he didn't want to have a birthday party, but why not make it a big union party, where we could all get together and not have it be a funeral. (We have lost 5 very popular members in the last two years, the 2008 deaths coming one after the other in October and November, so, this fall was a little devastating). But the party turned out to be very fun, lots of food, wine, a slide show, 3 courses of dessert, and one of our member's jazz band played. It was great.

Tuesday and Wednesday, there was no excuse for me, I stayed home and knitted, except when I went to the library for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which was okay, there was a bunch of good-funny action scenes, but it left you feeling a bit cold at the end.

Today, I worked for the Tech Ready convention that Microsoft holds twice a year. I pulled a bunch of cables, and hung some lights, oh, and pushed boxes... but big calls with a bunch of people are fun, cause there is gossip, and well among some of us, the knitting talk.
I am back there tomorrow, for more fun, today was 8 hours, tomorrow is supposed to be 12, then on Saturday, I have a really early call for Playhouse Disney, 6:30am... with a 4:30pm out. So at least the day will be over early. An anti-superbowl party on Sunday, ( I am going so I can give a knitting lesson) Monday I have the monthly union meeting, Tuesday - the interview and a class in fall restraint, Wednesday - nothing - except I have to make sure I have my volunteers in order for - Thursday, 1st day of the Artist Trust Auction, and we traditionally provide volunteers, Friday, day 2 of Artist Trust and the Load out of Tech Ready, Saturday - maybe my first walk with the people who train you to walk a 1/2 marathon, and a Knitting lesson with Sabine, Sunday Sabine's seattle baby shower and the last day of Artist Trust.

I will post some pictures soon...

No comments: