Saturday, January 24, 2009

Avoidance

Its funny, how avoiding doing one thing will cause you to do other things you have been avoiding.

Well, that's not exactly true, the one thing I did, to avoid the other thing, well, it had become unavoidable. Talking in riddles? Thinking in riddles!

But, at least my volunteer union job recruiting volunteers is done for the day, sent out another appeal for folks to help on two projects coming up, one of them on Monday... The Monday one, is mostly covered, since I have one person, and I am not doing anything... it can be done with just two, and well I work tomorrow in a "target rich" environment. I might be able to scare up some folks.

The other one, well, one of the days is when there is a big convention in town. I have one, and need two, and I can't do that one, I am at the big convention. I might just start calling my friends... well union friends.

Other things I am doing to avoid working out.... well making a batch of roasted sweet potatoes.
And updating this blog. The sweet potatoes are a bit of an experiment... they have sweet mesquite seasoning on them, I think they will be tasty, but... I have no idea if that will be true. My pesto potatoes, were good, if too salty (I underestimated the amount of salt in the pesto), but I had tried something sort of similar at a party, so I had an idea.

Maybe I can avoid scanning pictures by working out? I have some pictures to scan for my old friends on Facebook, but while the scanner works great... something in the software for the scanner and the photo saving software, things get lost... since they are both HP its a freaking mystery. The last time I did it, it involved tears, wailing to god and computer deities, banging my hands on the keyboard, and lots of breaks... in the end I scanned every picture at least 3 times, before I could find them anywhere on the computer. I only ever found the one copy of them there, so, the others are hiding in some really great place, on my hard drive... taking up space and being useless.
Can you tell I am a little bitter.... Maybe thats what I will say to myself... either scan pictures or workout this afternoon...
ohhh... I have to go, my walking shoes are calling to me.

No comments: