Friday, January 16, 2009

A big update with pictures

So, December started out with Bovine going to the vet for a troublesome tummy ailment, a little bacterial overgrowth shall we say, poor kitty... She got to have antibiotics twice a day, and a diet to lose 3 pounds. She is already slimmer, and seen here hiding from me, its been over a month since I have had to wrestle some nasty pink liquid in her, but her instincts are still sharp.
I finished the Goodnight Moon Blanket. I haven't heard back yet, and I didn't put a tracking number on it, so, I am not even sure they got it, but I imagine having a 2 1/2 year old makes it hard. I can't imagine they didn't like it. I am very proud of it.
My dad's Christmas socks, I am not even sure if he is still happy at getting socks for gifts. Maybe next time I will do something else.. These are made with a hand dyed yarn, in Cougar colors, since it was sort of close to the 49ners, next time, if there are more socks, I will dye the yarn myself, I have some undyed sock yarn that is preknit to dye in stripes or whatever, and I want to give that a try. I recently bothered to knit a swatch for something and found out I knit tight, so socks might go faster on bigger needles next time. woot.
My sister Dawn, asked for something knitted this year - Leg Warmers - in green and purple - I looked at a few patterns, but in the end decided to wing it, 4 inch color repeats with 5 inches of 2x2 ribbing at the ends. I dyed this yarn myself, the green is perfect, and the purple is a little on the wine-y side.
The yarn is knitpicks superwash bare sportweight - but it shrunk more than I wanted in the wash. So, I am not sure I trust it - I have found most of their superwash to not be very superwash...
I randomly picked one of my snowmegeddon photos to post... this is the entrance to the ice Teepee in my neighbors yard. Seattle got over a foot of snow, 2 in some places, and it stuck... for days... and now we know Seattle has no plan for Snow that does not just wash away in 24 hours.
I think this was December 20th or there abouts.
my roommate Pat, at Hal's white elephant gift exchange, it was pretty fun, and I got a glass paperweight - in purple. sweet.
Christmas and Birthday Spoils!
Underneath everything is a zen meditation zafu, and mat... from my dad! awesome, I think it was supposed to be purple... but that's fine, since... I think I am going to dye it!
beautiful glass paperweight, glass display teapot from Pat for my birthday, Private practice from Ali, gift cards from Ali and Pat, moon and star property from Pat, Tools from my dad, and convert to Judaism Spray! From Sabine's mom Paddy.
a little better view, the knife and tools came from my dad on my birthday.. delivered to me, by my ups man while I waited in line for coffee a block from my apartment, he recognized me on the street and brought it in, very cool!
Damn flash makes this hard to see, but now I can convert with a simple spray, and if I find my faith wavering, I can just renew, and be minty fresh!
moon property, I think I am going to build a house there soon, I wonder how the cats would like that move?
And a star, Named After Me!!!
Knitting in the new year!

so, I finally decided what pattern to knit with my Noro silk garden lite, the koi socks.. I thought it would be an easy travel project, since I am making progress on my sweater, but I don't think my mind likes charts! you can't really see the detail, the yarn is too dark, oh well. they'll look good on my feet - I am also trying the magic loop method... I used it for the leg warmers when I realized I didn't have the right size needles, but I think it might be too annoying for me.


so, Bunny's first sweater... I started this last year, and knit nine inches or something, and finally checked my gauge... yeah, I knit to tight, so, I restarted, and its going much faster... the pattern is a bit confusing here and there, but I am sure if will be great... even if, this might not be the best style for me, even if I lose all the weight I want I will still have boobs, this looks like it will emphasize this, not sure I will feel comfortable in it, but I guess I can frog it if it doesn't work out... right?

2 comments:

Christina Hughes said...

Holy shit that blanket is awesome.

Bunny said...

Thanks, I am very proud of it, sorry the post is all fucked up and hard to read though.