Friday, December 7, 2012

Grievance!

Well, the roommate and I had a big tearful talk, and we have come to an understanding, of sorts. We have both been out of sorts because of how grubby this place is, and we are both going to cleaning the heck out of the place, with a little decorating on the side. And I'm also in charge of assigning chores if something needs doing,this part is a little bit lame, and I will have to get over feeling like a parent, or bad guy. I have had a bunch of work lately, so I've been a bit tired, and it's hard to motivate when it's a bit overwhelming, but I am going to break it down into some chunks, and recruit the dude on my couch.

I have worked a few interesting things lately, first of all, I did the pre hang and load in of Elf at the 5th Ave, and I got to keep working on it for quite a while, not the run, but notes in the morning, which is nice, since you can do other things, and it gets you out of bed in the morning, plus I like all of those people. And I also got to see the show opening night. (Which was last night) I also worked the Deck The Hall Ball, which was a lot of work, but not terrible, the first band (of nine) was an obscure band (The Joy Formidable) I knew from an obscure podcast, (RadioNoWhere) so, hipster heaven there, and they were ok live, but the second band, Of Monsters and Men, was pretty good, and I'll probably buy their cd. They rest were all good, but I got bored.

I also worked the load in of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Challenge?) whose big match is tomorrow the 8th, their entire crew was super nice, and the work was nice and mellow, this can be a huge change from some of the sorts of crews big events can have. Some times a crew can be cranky because of the production management, and sometimes they will have just worked too many non union venues, and then they are quite condescending and mean... But I guess not everyone can coil a cable without constant supervision. Enough of that.

Although that makes a good segue to my next fun activity. Today I wrote a grievance with a co-worker, because my house job has bad management. It's a little slice of the same crap but different, extra irritating because they are so close to being done for the next six months, why can't they just refrain for being stupid.

Well that's it for now, but well, I am sure more will happen next week, like cleaning, and visiting with my lovely friend Tori

No comments: