Saturday, August 20, 2011

Its been a few days

So, Camping was fun, but I can't post pictures yet since I have been too lazy to figure out how I screwed it up.

nothing much has been going on except camping, I finished my jaywalker socks, and they are bright, and I started my mawata mittens (mawata is layers of silk roving that you use like single ply yarn,) and because its silk, they will be super warm, and lightweight, and colorful, since I had to get three different colors. I also bought some new yarn... but not for socks, more mittens (or gloves) and a hat. The yarn is Epiphany by cascade.... and frankly, I would like to have its babies. Its alpaca, cashmere and silk.... so soft.

enough of that.

I have been trying to catch up on classic and influential movies, so, I just watched the original Manchurian Candidate, and the Vivien Leigh A Streetcar Named Desire. Both were excellent. But what most struck me about Streetcar, since I know the play fairly well, was the censorship of some of the major themes, and it sort of threw me at first... they changed the reason why Alan killed himself (Blanche's young husband) from being called disgusting for being gay to being called disgusting for being a poet, or sensitive, or just because.... and they made Stella leave Stanley in the end, because a rapist must be punished giving it what Tennessee Williams lamented as a happy ending. It made me think of calling it contemporary revisionist history.

that might be in in my world... very boring, tomorrow... I am do a few more things that might be remotely interesting, farmers market, knitting, and library.


No comments: