Friday, August 5, 2011

another day another ... what?

so, its been a few days, and since I have turned over a new leaf and all, at the moment...
um, not much has been happening... which is lame.
I went to knitting on Tuesday, it was cool, Cole showed up, which was a miracle, but Lisa did not, (she forgot it was Tuesday), I started work on my jaywalker socks but I can't post a photo because I screwed something up on my computer. (I just realized it.) I had changed its program that opens when I plug in my phone to get my pictures, because of the video fandango, and well, picassa can't fetch my photos, and makes the annoying donk noise. I will figure it out later.

anyway, started the socks, I'm halfway through the first heel flap, and I started a hat, a sort of classy hat, made less classy by the thick thin multi colored yarn, but its probably a gift, unless I really hate it. I got my new very expensive knitting needles in the mail, finally.... but, now I need two more sets, size 3 and size 5, the basic sizes for socks. sigh.

um, the diet, well, this week is supposed to be the light week, and I find the craving for chicken to be very strong, but I think it will be better next week, when there is more protein. I feel a little better, I only get heartburn if I eat something very citrus-y or I have eaten off the diet, but it goes away fairly quickly rather than being with me all day, and that is great.

so, in a week and a half I'm going camping with the Women of Local Fifteen, I'm excited and nervous, there will be talking about the stuff, the showing of the scar, I could not, but it gives it power to do that, and I'm desensitizing myself.

But here is a simple recipe for Tori
1 corn on the cobb
1 heirloom tomato
1avocado
1 green onion
1 lemon

remove corn from the cobb, cut up tomato, avocado and green onion, mix together. add the juice of one lemon, and a pinch of salt, mix again. serves one if this is all you have, or two as a side.

No comments: