Monday, August 1, 2011

Brief update on life

So, lets see,
I am doing a raw diet-y thing, its going ok, what I like best about it is everything is laid out, with shopping lists and exact menu plans. But the menu plans need to be edited as they are not entirely correct, and the menus are a bit uneven. But the food is mostly good, simple, nothing more required than a blender or a food processor. Unfortunately I need to deal with my very unfortunate addiction to boneless hot wings aka chicken nuggets. (Maia would feel my pain) I think ultimately I will have to find something that satisfies like a chicken nugget, something good with hot sauce.
The other challenge is, I am supposed to work out for 20 minutes 3 times a day... as an inveterate couch potato, I find this difficult, but I am trying to trick myself into it.

I have been trying to tackle some biggish cleaning jobs, and get them into a proper rotation, I like to blame a certain amount of my lack drive on the couch potato roommate, but this may not be fair. Alas.

I have had a tiny bit of work , in the last few weeks, here and there, but its slow out there... and not likely to get better for me soon... My field is sort of second wave reactionary, in terms of conventions and theatre, for conventions, companies have to feel on solid enough footing for such a thing- which is costly and boastful, and theatre, which exists largely by private donation, and people donate less, when they feel monetarily pinched, or if they wonder if its a good bet, (as in the Intiman, which I am sure is having a hard time getting people to give to a theatre that is currently closed.) So, this will be tight until companies start employing more people, and those people start buying stuff, and those companies and stockholders start giving away money... is it too late to be an accountant?

Speaking of Theatre, I saw Porgy and Bess Last Wednesday - a Bucket list item if ever there was one, and now I know whats going on between well known songs, and I thought it ended happier, but it is an opera... I know I could have read the booklet that came with my cast recording, but that's boring. Afterwards I did a little research and I can see why it would have enjoyed some disfavor, white people telling stories of black folk and their lives, especially in the early part of the 20th century, it can feel full of stereotypes, what with the poverty and the drugs. But it can also be seen as last centuries The Wire.

What else... oh, I went to Churchmouse Yarn and Tea, last Monday with Christina and Tim, it was good, and I was Extremely well behaved, I only bought what I was there for wool wash, and my free pattern (socks), I also bought two other patterns, one for a stuffed chicken, and the other yoga socks.

No comments: