Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trying again, during fight call.



So.... Where were we? Um. To recap, mostly for me, on Tuesday was my oncologist appointment, gave blood to test for the CEA-EIA, on Wednesday during a staff meeting my oncologist calls and leaves a cryptic message of needing to talk about my blood test, I check my messages during the show, and freakout.

Was that where we left off, Thursday morning I call and try to talk to the doctor, but it doesn't work that way any more, so I make an appointment for the following day (Friday).

Friday, my day off, I wait anxiously for the call. Finally the Dr. calls and I blurt out "does this mean the Cancer is hiding somewhere???!" and in a completely unconcerned tone of voice she says "Well, it's mystifying, all your scan are clear except some diverticulitis, so because of this blood test I am going to refer you for a colonoscopy" hmmm, oh. "now because of thus result I have this pain in my lower back..." she laughed. So, she is not too worried. And that means I am not going to worry too much now either.

I am scheduled for a pap smear this Friday, because it's time, and to be safe. And following that a phone consultation with GI, after the consultation we will schedule the colonoscopy, I'm not worried about it, all I heard is they give you good drugs.

So.... That's all things cancer in my world. Other things personal and healthwise, I am doing a elimination diet of a sort, at the moment I am eating an all raw diet, and I gave up caffeine, I am gearing up to do a cure diabetes raw diet, but I haven't read the book yet, so I am eating 99% raw, it's not even that hard, unless I let myself get too hungry. Then I crave, and eat things I shouldn't from the freezer, like chicken nuggets. And I snuck some chocolate. But, I haven't weighed myself, the doctor can do it Friday, but, maybe I can lose 70 pounds be awesome.

Um, the show I am working in now is A Doctor in spite of Himself, and it is very very funny, very silly, and of no redeeming cultural value. Just a huge amount of silly physical comedy and sexual innuendo. I wish everyone could see it.

Next update, Friday afternoon.

No comments: