Monday, September 27, 2010


Raw corn salad

Original recipe
1 clove diced garlic
2 green onion diced
1 serrano chili diced
juice of a large lemon or lime
1 cup diced cilantro
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cayennne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
4 ears of corn
2 red bell peppers diced
1 large avocado

My most recent recipe -
garlic,
3/4 cup diced leeks (leek season)
diced anaheim chili diced
No cilantro (I think its gross)
lemon
sea salt
cayenne
olive oil
corn, red bell peppers, avocado,
1 cup small cherry tomatoes - I got orange ones, to add a different color.

cut the corn off the cob, and mix together... super easy. I will try lime next time, since I keep reading that lime and corn together makes the niacin in corn more available, haven't heard its the same with lemons, which either means, no one ever found out, or its not the same... I have also just read that Olive oil, might not be the best oil to use daily, it is high in omega 9, but not in omega 3, the fancy books recommend hemp seed oil, flax seed oil or sesame seed oil, since hemp and flax oil are gross, and sesame is delicious. I'm switching to sesame... you don't got to tell me twice.

I also made an asian broccoli salad, but I didn't take a picture, it will have to wait, I'll post that after the colonoscopy, when I can go back on a high fiber diet....

Speaking of which, I am going to feast on meat and eggs for 2 1/2 days, woo hoo, I think I am also going to make some mashed potatoes... not really that excited about it... but it will be great.

No comments: