Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dollhouse

Just watched the newest episode of the Dollhouse. Interesting. Is it layers on layers? Or am I just being toyed with? Does Dr. Saunders have any free will? (writing that out makes me wonder a non sequitor, does she live under the name of Saunders? Ah Pooh. )
What is the Caroline/Adele real history?
Bowd? Hmmmm.
Can't decide if I want them to tell me the answers in the end. Or not. Probably yes. Because I think this was written with out the end point truly figured out, but subsequent writing has not kept this in sight, the conceit of the chair has made this unnecessary... Or is it, they can't all be dolls in the end?

To compare this with Lost, there the writers have taken into account the choices made by the actors and used it or explained it. In Dollhouse, every decision made in retrospect seems disjointed and possibly out of character.

No comments: