Thursday, April 22, 2010

Drugs

So, I had a pre-op visit with my GP, they were having computer problems, so, i hope all the questions that were supposed to be asked were asked, I don't have a cold, which I did when consulting for the surgery before... which would have made me wait... I also got to avoid a tetanus diptheria pertussis shot... since at least I remembered I had one in '06.

Now its not their fault that don't have the best memory of me, I don't like the doctor, and I don't like sickness, and I don't like stigmatization (wow, spell check does not think I made that word up).

which in light of the current ... er ... cancery thing.... might be unfortunate.

Anyway, I got a prescription for essentially xanax, and I had one this afternoon, it basically put me to sleep.... which was nice.... but it may have made me angry after... I will have to see if its a pattern.... they only gave me 20, which on one hand shows a lack of trust I think, and on the other doesn't matter, since I can not take those and go to work... I might try a half tab on another day off and see what happens, or see if a half tab is enough to go to sleep with... I will almost certainly not be taking two. Which brings us to the other prescription that I can't seem to get changed. At the time of the surgery scheduling, they prescribed vicoden and ibuprofen... of course the vicoden was under its generic name, so I didn't notice or I might have tried to change it then. But later on, I realised it was vicoden, and tried to get it changed... every time the gloomy nurse navigator would ask if I had filled the prescriptions yet. I would talk about it. so far, she seems to be on board, although I am not really sure if she made any effort to change it. But today, I thought I would talk to my GP, she was skeptical, because percoset is stronger, if they would give it to me, and maybe I didn't notice the vicoden working because I was used to the stronger stuff after my Knee surgery. But What I needed to stress was, after the good drugs were gone, and I started the vicoden after my knee surgery, I was only really taking something at night, so I could sleep, the knee hurt enough to make me unable to sleep, the vicoden made me completely not drowsy and still in pain. So, for two nights, I lay there in my bed, awake crying... I didn't have tv in my room back then either. after a few days, I tried some tylenol pm... which is benedryl and tylenol... and this worked 100 times better.

I am very angry about this mostly because feel like no one understands what I am saying.

anyway...

maybe that rant is out of my system.

No comments: