Thursday, April 1, 2010

Compartments or little boxes

I find myself trying to deal with tiny parts of this whole... Situation... At a time.
It helps I think, since I mostly get upset and feel out of control when I get overwhelmed. Right this minute I am thinking about bras and fake boobies, before the weekend it was scheduling, and figuring out work. About two weeks ago it was about what I want if this all goes terribly wrong, and I become the wrong sort of statistic. I thought I was being very morbid, but talking to my nurse navigator, turns out it's very normal, it's about being in control, because so much is out of my control.
It turns out I only have three serious desires should my current next of kin (how can you pluralize that?) outlive me. One; there should be some sort of recycling of my body, organ donation, whole body donation, or green funeral ... Whatever, just not a sealed container never to truly go back to the earth.
Two; I would like Tibetan monks to pray for me for 49 days. Buddhists believe in reincarnation, and Tibetan buddhists believe it takes 49 days for the soul to journey to it's next life, this journey is perilous and confusing to the soul, and they have special prayers for guidance. I have not been the most practiced Buddhist and help would be appreciated. I am not even terribly certain I personally believe in reincarnation but with the Christian prayers I am sure would be said I like to cover the bases.
Third; and maybe most important, my cat Trixie, will need a new home, where she can be the only cat, trixie and alice can go together, but I might be trixie's only alli in this house. She gets along with Alice ok, but a nice understanding single cat house, with a patient human. I recommend Phoebe at work, or Chuck from the opera house.
All the rest, doesn't matter enough to get worried about. There I have said it, and I can go about my business of getting this crap taken care of, and worrying about bras and button down shirts.

No comments: