Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well, yesterday, I didn't get too much done, though I contributed to the failure to go to a meeting of another union member.

I did a little on the ongoing tell the computer where the music files are project... I am not doing the majority of the books on cd that I have already uploaded, but I did want to get the Jared Diamond book done... oh, you don't know what I am talking about? when I transferred from one computer to another, I thought I would be smart and move all the music files the the external, but the new computer didn't automatically find the songs, so, I have to individually tell it where each one is... good times... for not just me, for Pat as well... I don't do it everyday. I should I might be done already, but.... anyway, I am doing them in order by artist, and Jared Diamond (who wrote guns germs and steel) wrote a book called Collapse, about what makes societies collapse, the Maya, Easter Island, Greenland etc. and its 22 cds long. I really want it to be the next book I listen to while I knit, and I have only found through disc 11.

I have started looking for yarn for the mittens, I had thought at first I would use a basic yarn from knit picks... but then I got to thinking, I want to make the rainbow bears for Pat's mittens, and I know a few yarns that have long color repeats so, those might work, but is rainbow a color that is in season, or di I want to use multiple yarns, and have more control, but less delightful accident? It doesn't help that I was at a yarn store, and found some beautiful silk wool yarn for reasonable... in good colors... I recall seeing exactly what would work for this project, but I can't find it anymore... so, a little stymied, but its still in the begining stages....

No comments: