Thursday, September 17, 2009

unanswerable questions.

How do you pronounce Kauni?

Why am I obsessed with Estonia?

Why is it hard to find pictures to explain bizarre color codes of fancy Estonia yarn I cannot pronounce? If I could pronounce it I could have asked Local Yarn Stores if they carry it and could I come look at it?

Will I ever stop buying yarn? and Will I ever knit all the yarn I have?

Why does the play I am working on make me think of an article on superstition in cats and pigeons, but really the question is why does everything make me think of that article. Or if not that article, then the one that postulated skin color variation was in response to vitamin D and Folic Acid. (Basically, lack of vitamin D can give you rickets, lack of folic acid in utero causes spina bifida. Too much vitamin D can cause your body to use up too much of your folic acid. The only natually occurring vitamin d other than sunlight, is cold water fish, and beef liver. So, the theory goes, skin color is a delicate balance of not too much but just enough of these two vitamins. ) I read this article once years ago, and can now not find any follow up research, it might make me crazy one day.

hmm, maybe that is all of my unanswerable questions?

ps. I bought too much yarn, again.

No comments: