Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the thoughts that I think.

so, 5 days a week, I sit in a catwalk, in the dark for 2 hours, and run a spotlight.

It is not demanding work.

Its sort of mind numbingly dull by this point in the process. (2 weeks left)

To keep myself awake, I have to think of other things with 90% of my brain. The other 10% I leave with the show, to listen to the stage manager when my light is not on, and watch the actress and follow her when my light is on.

I think of many great things to write about, brilliant, insightful things, about the state of the economy, political meanness, the way theatres should be run, evil coworkers and how I might poke them in the eye with a spoon, literary comparisons like the Year of Magical Thinking and Frankenstein - Frankenstein was written because Mary Shelley lost her mind a bit when her child died, which also leads to superstition and myth and death.

But when I get home, all I want to do, it check my facebook pirates, and eat a snack...

I do want to make a brief liberal statement to the nasty Republicans out there, do you think we were this mean to Bush that you have to be evil, do you think we weren't this mean because Bush was a better president than Obama, or because we were too wousy? I think we were being polite. Don't ask me in snide ways how I think its not better. Warm dog shit on a stick would be better than Bush, and I will always think that. I know the Republicans aren't the LaRouche assholes with the Obama as Hitler posters, but give the guy a break, he inherited the crap economy, he inherited the war, he inherited a bunch of shit, and we won't know his true legacy for a while. We can't even be sure of the Bush legacy at this point. So give the guy a damn break.

And before you say I get my news from some yellow liberal news source, I mostly read the Economist for my world news, with a little NPR (which I mostly can listen only for the human interest stories) and well, scientific american.

errrrr... I also get a little worked up, up there in the catwalk, with my light, in the dark.

No comments: