Saturday, July 9, 2011

Very naughty

I was very bad today... But I am posting this on my new iPad. I couldn't help myself, I had been thinking of it for quite sometime, over a year at least, and we have decided to wait to move for a few months, and I had some savings.... So, here we are... What pushed me over the edge? Well, the fact that I can get everyone's eReader as an application, and not have to commit to just one digital book company. Coupling this with the fact that I was determined to buy the new George RR Martin book as a digital copy- now I could have got it and read the book on my phone, and I thought about it, I really did. But the screen is so small, and with the iPad the screen can be either trade paperback size, or regular paperback size. I am a very good rationalizer -

I can also watch Netflix and other streaming media, I only got the wi-fi version, since we have a router anyway.

Already, I have downloaded about 8 free books- where the copyright has expired, many imputed by volunteers. 4 uncle wiggily story books, 2 Edith Nesbit books, an Andre Norton short story and a PK Dick short story.

I can pretend this is going to save me money... Maybe it will... Eventually... But it will certainly save me some space... Maybe....

But I do think I can start reading A Dance With Dragons at 12:10 am on the Tuesday.

Real update soon, I promise.

No comments: