Monday, April 4, 2011

Whoops, I missed April Fools Day!

I know, I know, once a month is not enough for the updating...

so... er... I will try to do better?!?

so, I got caught out on not telling my uncle about the "cancer" and I feel both guilty about it, and defiant...

The play I am working on right now, is very good, and EVERYONE is super nice and awesome.
and there are some very nice reviews out there. Nothing at my fingertips at the moment, so, you can google it yourself. All My Sons - Intiman.

So, the Intiman has been in some trouble, I may have mentioned, a recap would be, for at least two years we have been producing beyond our means, possibly longer, but we were better able to beg for money before... then we got a new artistic director and a new managing director and the economy went to crap... So, last year some people got fired, and this year, we thought we would have to close our doors, since I think all last year was financed by credit, or failure to pay. Anyway, at the beginning of the season we put out a plea, saying we needed a million dollars before the end of the season, with goals through out the year... and we mostly made our first goal... which was 500,000 by the 31st of March... we made 450,000 so, we will keep going till we get to our next fund raising goal of 250,000 by the end of June. Rumor has it we are applying for a grant from the Gates Foundation, though we are not really what they like to give money to, (education, and world health)... But ultimately, we will have to make more economical productions.

Lets see, I recently finished reading Stiff by Mary Roach, its about what people have done with dead bodies, cadaver research, organ donation, crash test dummies, making parts into teaching aids with plastic. It is my second Mary Roach book, I like her a bunch, and I am looking forward to her newest Packing For Mars. I am also at the very end of The Illiad on Audiobook, its pretty good, its the new translation by Robert Fagles, read by Derek Jacobi, I had to watch Troy again. So this leads me to my next quandry... I have Packing for Mars on audio book, and I have a paper copy of the Odyssey, so, what should be my next book? or something different? Fiction or Non-fiction?

Reading the Illiad, and watching Troy lead me to a new time waster on the Intertubes.... Listverse. it all started because Orlando Bloom is such a bad actor, and they have a list of bad actors, and he is in it, then which just leads to more lists.... its crazy, almost better than wikipedia.... I spent some time there too. Looking up various characters, I had no idea that almost all of the ancient greek writers had a different version of the Fall of Troy, and because of wikipedia, I do not have to read them all... to sound like a know it all. yay.

which leaves me to the knitting update...
I am trying to knit on unfinished projects every week, to maybe actually finish things. last week was my green Jane sweater, and I have almost finished both sleeves, so, progress, and this week I have to finish my other bear hug baby sweater. Of course, I also am starting two new projects soon, a pair of socks knit along, starting Tuesday, and a hat idea is percolating in my head for my niece Kimmy, I have some thrift store yarn, that I am making it with... and before anyone makes a comment in their heart about that, its silk and cashmere, and I have 4 colors of it, but not enough of anyone color so... stripes.

This update will have to keep you, I seem to be bad if I promise...

No comments: