Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday

So, I finally got around to getting a breast prosthesis... I am not sure why I waited... the knit one was fine, but not the right size and not filling out the bra the right way, and well, not heavy enough to not creep up my chest.

I didn't do it for so long, because it was embarrassing and daunting and well.... I was a chicken... plus I figured I was gonna get the reconstruction....

I also ordered 3 bras - that fit. I mean, they were professionally fitted... I'm a 38 GG - crazy
the breast form and two of the bras are mostly covered by insurance... but I got the third one tax free, which was nice.

I didn't get to take any of them home today, two are getting a pocket sewn in by alterations, and the sports bra was not quite the right size. I should have them in a week.

I have to thank my friend Sabine, who knew that I would drag my feet about it, I made her call the place and ask my questions and make an appointment... just as I had decided to wait until monday... she texted and offered to make an appointment for today. Then she called me at the time I should be leaving the house to get to the appointment, and talked to me on the phone for the whole trip.

And people wonder why I would even consider being a bum in a yurt on her land.

No comments: