Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crickets chirped on my phone

but I was standing under an awning in downtown catching up with a friend, He is on the clean up crew of The Lieutenant of Inishmore at ACT, I sort of want to see it, it sounds super gory, but since I know how they do it, and I deal with fake blood all the time on my own play... but then again its a gory play with a clean up crew!

So, the above is my excuse for why I didn't update at 5:30, I haven't much to say, except I went to the library on the dinner break, and bought some cool stuff at the Library gift store, then I got dinner, followed by talking to stagehand friend, then Walgreens... the stopping at Walgreens was controversial when I got back to the theatre, but there was no Labor Dispute at the downtown one, I should really talk to one of the protesters, because maybe I will agree, or maybe I will think they are crazy. Don't know. Speaking of Labor and crazy, had an up in arms moment about them hiring an out of town stage manager for Kate's show this summer, Hiring people from out of town to work for extended periods costs about $1,000 a month, as we have to house them, sometimes you have to do this for actors, if what you are looking for is specific, often its a problem for African American actors because there is not enough work for them here..... er... anyway, theatres ALWAYS blame cost over runs on Labor, and we always are aware of it and are on the defensive.

I was going to make this post a Cat post.... its it too late?

okay, cat trama... fatty cat who was on a raw food diet (Bovine) (I am aware we are probably to blame for her fatness by naming her Bovine), learned to jump the the top of the bookcase where the free flowing kibble was, and she stopped eating her good for her food. Just to be clear though, I do not feed the other cats crap food, I feed them BG (before grain), I don't think the problem is really the kibble, its just she over eats and gets an intestinal imbalance or something, and its... um... bad for the person cleaning the litter box... ie... me. In the past too, its escalated into something that required veterinary assistance, so, it was annoying that she figured out how to get on the bookcase. At first I thought just the act of jumping up there would be a little self regulating, Bovine does not like all 4 feet to be in the air at the same time, she is a little afraid of jumping, but getting what the other cats get was worth it.... I guess. It took about 3 weeks before it started to get bad, so, now all the cats are on a strict diet, because there is no place I can give them food. I don't think this is the idle situation, she was losing weight on the raw food, but its been hard to get the other ones on board with this, plus Pat is afraid to starve her, he thinks a diet is no kibble all the time, but if she asks she can have a big helping. is the answer meal times, I don't know...

On another note, Trixie and I were playing with a glow bracelet, when she bit though it.... the insides taste terrible! and bits of my sheets and carpet glowed for a bit... and also, well, also my cat had some glowing spots as well, they say the insides are non-toxic... I hope that's true.

No comments: