Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ah the joys of theatre

well, its been a fun week.

our play is not quite up to snuff, so, we are delaying the opening. And we got an understudy. But there is a little tiny party for production staff tomorrow night... I wonder how much I can drink before they cut me off... no I am kidding. No really... last week, I had two beers on Sunday, and one beer on monday, and thought to myself as I choose not to have a second beer on Monday, that 4 beers in 2 days, might mean I have a problem.

Its been a long hard tech, and our actress, has had a very hard time. I don't know the entire extent of everything, so, I can't say anything for certain as to why she is having a hard time. I have strong opinions, as I am sure anyone reading this will know. But anyway.

There is much to look forward to this week. Stitch and Pitch on Thursday, its a baseball game a bunch of knitters go to, and there is free stuff.

I broke down and signed up for an AT&T account, and ordered an iPhone. I know its silly, and wasteful, and silly, but childishly, I really want one. I bought an ipod touch about a month ago, and its all that I ever wanted except it doesn't take pictures or make calls. Is it only to update Facebook with inanities, maybe... but its a pda you can play games and movies on....

Its funny that I do this just as iTunes gets more and more on my nerves.

The question now becomes, what becomes of the ipod touch? I have a few ideas, and here they are, my roommate, my roommate's brother, my friend Ali, or my dad.
My roommate, because its a silly piece of technology he would never get for himself, I worry it will make him want an iphone though, I believe it is gateway technology. My roommate's brother, who is undergoing dialysis 3 times a week, now there is someone who might need a diversion that is portable. Its not the brother who I have met, but, still. Ali? well she knows she does not want an iphone, since she wants to get a phone that takes sim cards for other countries, since she travels, but she might think is fun. My dad, well he might think it is fun too, or not...

if none of these 4 wants it, I am going to sell it for $100 on Craigs list or through a friend.

To counteract this willful spendthriftyness, I bought a cd at my bank, $500 now, and adding $200 a month, for the next two years. At the end of two years I should have $5000. spend and save. a new policy.

No comments: