Sunday, November 10, 2013

Life is more interesting

So, my life is generally not very exciting.

But my friends have decided to open a theatre company, and while I think they are wildly crazy. They are enthusiastic about my Late Night Sci-Fi Cereal  Serial Space Puffs.

And I am excited to be able to do something like this, its terrifying, because if its just a crazy dream, then it can always remain a success in your mind, but if you actually try to do it, and you aren't as good as your imagination, well... there you are. So, its helpful to have a group of people be excited about your idea, and commit to doing it. So, while I only have a rough outline of how the Pilot Episode should go, I am now committed to writing something.

On Friday, Christina had had the idea to gather some actors, and improv some scenes, I wasn't too sure about it, but I can't poo-poo everything all of the time. She said she knew a few improv folks, but we should also have auditions, so I put out a notice, it seemed sketchy to me, and I think I may have made it seem even sketchier, by my skepticism, and by not following through, in a timely manner, the three actors who had expressed interest in coming through my audition post, didn't actually come. And, since, I didn't really know how it was going to work, and Christina wasn't sure either, it had just seemed like it might be a good idea, and none of the other folks interested in being part of the writing group showed up that Friday, we didn't actually write anything.

But then two people showed up, to watch.

So, we very quickly conferred, and I have to write out about 4 or 6 scenes for next Friday, and if no one comes, then Tim and Christina, and I will poorly act them out.

I am halfway through writing the first scene.

5 1/2 left to go.... at least I know what they are going to be about... ish


No comments: