Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crime and Punishment

So, all my time has been taken up lately with the new play I have been working on.

It just opened on Friday, and I think its good, it is really hard to tell from the back, the review was positive, though, and the one think she said about it, that was no as claustrophobic as the first production, well, my friends didn't think so.

I have started to recover and get both laundry and cleaning done, though not quickly, I have a fine sense of procrastination, and filling up the time with useless internet and computer games.

I am roommate free for the next month or so, and I have great plans, that involve deep cleaning things, and sorting stuff. I have about 5 bins of fabric, I haven't looked at in well over a year. Some of it can go, or I can just make stuff.

Speaking of making stuff, I need to make a list of stuff I want to make, while I can get the sewing machine out, fix its problem (99% sure its bobbin lint) and make a bunch of stuff. I want to make some towel dish drainer pads? I know sounds both silly and a little smart. Most of my ideas are! I also need to make the sock monkey kitties. I have kits to make 8, and I am sure once I make them, finding them homes will not be too hard. Off the top of my head I can think of 4, Christina, and babies Anne and Ian and the unknown baby in Sabine's belly.

Speaking of gifts for babies, the Baby surprise jacket inspired by monkeys is almost done, I will probably cast off tonight or tomorrow, then a picture here will follow shortly. I want to make a matching soaker (pants), but I want to read all the patterns to find the one I can use with the monkey colors for best effect. But first I have to finish a tail and gauntlets for Carol's daughter's school production of Cats. I was recruited. Maybe I have till the end of May to make baby things for Sabine? - My first thought after that sentence was... girl keep your legs together I am not done knitting! terrible.

ummmm

oh, Yelena came to the opening night of my show, it had been a while since I had seen her and she looks great. It doesn't matter what you are doing with your life, she always urges you to do something more, or else. Now I have to make art... or something super creative, and I can't say that thoughts of an art class of some sort aren't in my head. And I always have some sort of crazy project in my head... even if it is just the bear skin rug made out of teddy bears!
But part of this, on Yelena's part is she sold one of her photographs, at the Artist Trust Auction, there was furious bidding on it - what a rush that has to be, people competing to buy your very first photograph sold.

We are going out to dinner on Thursday, so, I am sure I will have more to say then.

No comments: